The Lite Metals Company is a magnesium and aluminum foundry producing sand castings since 1844. We have 170 years of experience in the foundry business and our casting quality satisfies the most demanding aircraft and racing industry requirements. We are here to help you with any magnesium and aluminum sand casting needs.
Currently, we are ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C certified. We also have our Nadcap certification for Magnesium Heat Treating and Tensile Testing as well as Non-Destructive Testing
There have been numerous improvements to our facilities and operations in the past few years:
- 2016 - Quality Office Expansion
- 2016 - New tanks for our Chrome Pickle line
- A new automatic sand system.
- A new larger capacity sand muller.
- QA Display - our new computerized processes & procedures system.
- A new and improved machine qualifying & inspection area.
- A new centrally located Quality Information Center that provides continual feedback on all management systems.
- A new computerized heat treat controller for the Nadcap certification.
- Company wide training in all areas.
We are constantly growing as the industry grows and developing the knowledge needed to design tooling, produce sand castings and control their quality throughout the process.